Finance Ministry Respects Legal Process as Budget Chief Named Suspect

YMX38PYHs6MnIN9Iga642cicuSD4hB7JnibJsMJn

Bid TIK Polda Kepri/”>Bid TIK Polda Kepri – Jakarta. The Ministry of Finance has expressed its respect for the ongoing legal proceedings following the naming of Budget Director General Isa Rachmatarwata as a suspect in the Jiwasraya corruption scandal.

“We respect the ongoing legal process,” said Deni Surjantoro,  the Ministry’s Head of Communication and Information Services Bureau, on Friday (7/2/2025), as quoted by antaranews.com.

The Attorney General’s Office has charged Isa in connection with financial mismanagement at PT Asuransi Jiwasraya between 2008 and 2018, which reportedly caused Rp 16.8 trillion in state losses. Investigators allege that Isa, who previously served as Head of the Insurance Bureau at Bapepam-LK (2006–2012), failed to prevent fraudulent investment practices that contributed to the massive losses.

Deputy Attorney General for Special Crimes Abdul Qohar said that Isa’s indictment is based on audit findings detailing state losses linked to Jiwasraya’s mismanaged investment funds.

Isa has been charged under Corruption Law and the Criminal Code. He has been remanded in custody for 20 days.

The Jiwasraya case has already resulted in multiple convictions, including former Jiwasraya CEO Hendrisman Rahim, former Jiwasraya Finance Director Hary Prasetyo, and former Jiwasraya Investment and Finance Head Syahmirwan. Business figures such as Benny Tjokrosaputro and Heru Hidayat were also found guilty in the case.